Pattaya

International Expat

If sultry beaches and beautiful water is your bag, then Pattaya is a must see for any visitor of Thailand or the region. The name of the town comes from the Thai for the South West winds that blow in every year to signal the start of the rainy season.

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 1

What may amaze the more than one million visitors that descend on Pattaya every year in their carnal quests for sandy beaches and exotic recreation is that the town as we know it did not even exist 40 years ago.

For centuries Pattaya was a tiny fishing village virtually unknown to outsiders where a traditional way of life in the safety of the calm bay. Before the 1960s barely 100 families fished out their meager livings along these pristine waters.

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 2

It was the Vietnam War that fueled the forces that would change Pattaya forever. As more and more American soldiers were sent to Southeast Asia, air force and army bases began to spring up nearby.

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 3

More often than not these soldiers could not get enough time off during their recreation periods to make the long trip to Bangkok. So they started exploring the Pattaya beaches.

Savvy entrepreneurs soon realized there was a growing market of thirsty and horny soldiers that would pay hard currency to have their appetites satisfied.

The result was an ever-growing stream of bars, hotels, clubs and restaurants that would change this sleepy village into one of the hottest tourist destinations in the world!

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 4

Who would have believed 50 years ago that those sleepy fishermen were sitting on what would one day become some of the most valuable tourist real estate is all of Asia?

Because Pattaya is a new city it does not have any of the temples or ancient statues that are the cornerstone of most Thailand tourist experiences. This is truly a place to go when you want to spend your days relaxing on the beach and your nights looking for love.

Most will probably spend our days diving in the crystal clear waters or else lounging on the three main beaches: Pattaya, Jomtien and Wong Prachsan.

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 6

All of that is fine and dandy, but at the end of the day what’s the point in bronzing your beautiful body if you are not going to try to get some action with your attraction.

We know that some of the best girls are really boys. If you like your men with boobs on top, north and central Pattaya have what you are looking for. Just be careful many of the transvestite and transsexual shows also attract a straight audience so be sure to ask the cute guys if they are friends of Dorothy before you make your move! These “girls” prove size matters and many of them have huge tittles to satisfy nearly any oral fixation. The Tiffany Show has the most famous transvestite show in Thailand and even hosts an annual transsexual beauty pageant. It opens early at 6:30 p.m. and stays open late.

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 8

Many tee shirts in Pattaya have the right slogan: Good boys go to Heaven, bad boys go to Pattaya. True to life, Pattaya is a bit of heaven for good boys and bad boys. We can’t wait to see you there with all the other beach goers!

Thailand Visa Pattaya Photo 9

Pattaya is such an easy trip to make for a weekend.  It is about 1.5 hours from Bangkok.  The cost to get there via a car service is about 1200-1500 baht.  I use Mr. Toom's taxi as they are reliable and offer good rates.  His number is: MR.TOOM  BKK. Call (+66)81-4827148

I have stayed at the Pattaya Marriott many times. The rates are a bit high for Thailand but it has the best swimming pool around.  I love the hotel.  If you want to book a Terrance Suite, it opens onto the pool area.  Their breakfast buffet is amazing. 

The Holiday Inn is also nice.  The rooms are a bit newer than the Marriott but they pool is not as nice.

The Hilton is on top of the biggest mall in the area.  It has a great pool although it is not a large pool.  The rooms are nice and the staff is also nice. I like being on top of the mall.

Transportation around Pattaya is really easy and cheap.  I use the baht buses and they are 10 or 20 baht.  They will get to close to just about every area. I think going from the town to Jomtien Beach is about 20 baht.