Standards-Based Report Cards

Tom

Standards-based Report Cards  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Does your international school use standards-based report cards for elementary grades (k-4)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does your international school use standards-based report cards for middle grades (5-8)?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does your international school use standards-based report cards for high school grades (9-12)?

• Yes
    • No

Please take just 10 seconds to respond "yes" or "no" to three simple questions because I'm interested in learning about how your international school reports student progress to parents.  Many lower schools already use a standards-based report card.  Does yours?  How about your middle school and high school?  At the Thai-Chinese International School in Bangkok, our lower school (grades PK through 4) uses a standards-based reporting system however, we are in the process of overhauling it to make it parent friendly.  Once the elementary standards-based report card is finalized, I will share it.  I would like to use the forum to create a repository of standards-based report cards so please consider sharing yours.  The results of this highly scientific poll will also be shared to foster a dialogue on this topic.

• 1 month later...

Tom, I have seen a big push for standards based report cards.  I met the principal of the American School of Dubai last year and he was telling about their transition to standards based reporting.  I have also talked to many other schools who are doing this.  I believe in principle this is a great.  I think often this is a very hard sell for parents as they are so used to seeing reporting done the same way we have been doing it for ages.